Expand your imagination
The Kronos music workstation was unveiled in 2011 to widespread critical acclaim, winning one award after another. Impressed players, composers and sound designers alike kept asking, "How can they possibly improve on this?!" In the year since its inception, we've done just that. With newly released system updates and an inspiring and growing array of Kronos Sound Libraries, we've brought Kronos to an even higher level of performance.
The Kronos continues its evolution with the new Kronos X Music Workstation. With a boost to the internal memory and SSD size, the Kronos X is the ultimate workstation. Fittingly, its new name adds an "X" to indicate its expanded and truly limitless potential.
Kronos X Highlights
- Peerless synthesizer containing nine sound engines, such as realistic piano, richly expressive electric piano, tonewheel organ, digital synthesis, and powerful analog/physical modeling.
- Approximately 2GB of available PCM RAM allows more sample data to be loaded at once.
- Doubled SSD capacity of 62 GB allows support for gigantic sound library expansions, such as the Kronos Sound Libraries and the KARO Sound Libraries.
- User Sample Bank feature allows users to create extremely large sample libraries that take advantage of the generous PCM RAM and SSD capacity.
- Numerous artist signature sounds created by top musicians are included, letting you make the sounds of classic songs your very own.
- 16-part Combis allow all engines to function together in perfect harmony;
Dynamic Voice Allocation keeps the polyphony high.
- Use up to 16 premium-quality effects at once; individual effects rival dedicated units
- 12 Insert effects
- 2 Master effects
- 2 Total effects
- On-board sequencer offers 16 MIDI tracks + 16 audio tracks (24-bit, 48kHz recording quality)
- Open Sampling System – Instant sampling and resampling from any mode:
Program, Combination or Sequencer.
- Sophisticated KARMA® technology generates infinitely variable performance-driven phrases, musical effects, and backing tracks to catalyze your creativity
- Expanded Drum Track for play-along grooves and inspiration
- Set List mode: Organize the Programs, Combis, and Songs you need to perform your set in a single, easy-to-select screen – including performance notes!
- Smooth Sound Transition: This often-requested feature allows held or sustained notes to keep sounding when changing sounds or modes.
- Direct support for playing drums and chords from Korg pad-equipped USB controllers, including the nanoPAD, nanoPAD2, padKONTROL; general support for all class-compliant USB controllers, including the Korg nano series and microKEY series
- Support for the Kronos Editor and Plug-in Editor software
- USB Ethernet adapter compatibility enables high-speed data communication between the Kronos X and your computer.
- Available with 61, 73 or 88 keys
73 and 88 key models feature Korg’s finest RH3 Graded Hammer Action.
- Comprehensive interface, based around a large 8” TFT TouchView™ display