- Soundiron releases four new sound libraries for the KORG KRONOS
- Updates - KRONOS Operating system version 3.1.2 is now available
- Updates - KRONOS System Updater v3.1 and KRONOS Editor/Plug-in Editor v3.1 are now available!
- Now Available! New KRONOS System Version 3.0.4 and fifteen new Sound Libraries: nine from Purgatory Creek Soundware including two collaborations with Acousticsamples, three from Bolder Sounds, and three from KApro.
- New KRONOS Sound Libraries: two new libraries from KApro, one new library from Irish Acts and new pricing for KApro and KARO libraries.
Expand your imagination
The KRONOS music workstation was unveiled in 2011. Everyone who experiences its sound reacts with astonishment at how far electronic musical instruments have come --- followed, no doubt, by the thought "what can possibly follow this?!" But, in the year since its inception, KORG has continued to release system updates and additional KRONOS Sound Libraries, bringing the KRONOS to an even higher state of perfection.
Rather than resting on its laurels in 2012, the KRONOS continued to evolve. Boosting its internal memory capacity and the size of its SSD, as well as enhancing its sampler functionality, we have included more of the latest technology in order to make the KRONOS the ultimate workstation. Fittingly, its new name adds an "X" to indicate its unknown potential.
Ready to take off into the unknown future of sound we present the KRONOS X music workstation.
- A peerless synthesizer containing nine sound engines, including: realistic piano, richly expressive electric piano, tonewheel organ, digital synthesis, and powerful analog/physical modeling.
- Approximately 2GB of available PCM RAM and a doubled SSD capacity of 62 GB allow support for gigantic sound library expansions, such as the KRONOS Sound Libraries and the KARO Sound Libraries.
- The user Sample Bank feature allows users to create extremely large sample libraries that take advantage of the generous PCM RAM and SSD capacity.
- Numerous artist signature sounds created by top musicians are included, letting you make the sounds of classic songs your very own.
- KARMA, the Open Sampling System, and the on-board sequencer offers 16 MIDI tracks + 16 audio tracks
- Use up to 16 premium-quality effects at once; individual effects rival dedicated units
- Performance Power!
Set List screen provides single-touch selection, regardless of mode
- Smooth Sound Transition: this often-requested feature allows held or sustained notes to keep sounding when changing sounds or modes.
- Support for USB MIDI and Korg USB pad controllers, including the Korg nano series and microKEY series
- Support for the KRONOS Editor and Plug-in Editor software
- USB Ethernet adapter compatibility enables high-speed data communication between the KRONOS X and your computer
- Available with 61, 73 or 88 keys
73 and 88 key models feature Korg’s finest RH3 Graded Hammer Action.
- Comprehensive interface, based around a large 8” TFT TouchView™ display
For the biggest tour in the world -- only one synth will do. Here we catch up with Jon Shone , Musical Director with One Direction who tells us about playing keys to 75,000 people a night and how the Kronos is an integral part of this tour.
KRONOS System Version 2.1