Korg’s MS-20 monophonic synthesizer, first introduced in 1978, is still a coveted instrument to this day, thanks to its thick, robust sound, its powerful, iconic analog filter, and its versatile patching options.
Over 300,000 people have enjoyed the distinct MS-20 sounds from the original, from Korg’s MS-20 plug-in synth, and the iMS-20 iPad app.
Today, the sounds of the MS-20 have been reborn as the MS-20 Mini. The same engineers who developed the original MS-20 have perfectly reproduced its circuitry and fitted it into a body that’s been shrunk to 86% of the original size, yet retains the distinctive look of the original that remains unfaded despite the passage of time.
The MS-20 mini will amaze you with its absolutely authentic analog synth sound.
Comments from the developers
Fifty years have passed since Korg was founded, and we have once again put our hand to an analog synthesizer. We took particular care to deliver smooth parameter adjustments, which are a distinctive feature of analog synthesizers. We also took special care to completely reproduce the original specifications of the MS-20. The analog circuits we designed 35 years ago still deliver the same unbeatable, powerful sound, from the ultra-low to the ultra-high range.
MS-20 is reborn. [MS-20 mini - Introduction Movie]
Korg MS-20 Mini High Five by yours truly Mr. Formidoni
Producer Steve Levine shows the MS-20 mini used with the VOX Trike Fuzz and Double Deca Delay effect pedals.
- Overseen by the engineers of the original MS-20; a complete replication of the original analog circuitry:
- 2VCO / 2VCA / 2VCF / 2EG / 1LFO structure
- Self-oscillating high-pass/low-pass filters with distinctive distortion
- External signal processor (ESP)
- Extremely flexible patching system
- Faithful recreation of the MS20 at 86% of the size
- MIDI IN and USB connector
- Replicates every detail of the original, down to the package binding and the included manual