GOOD SOUND TUNER
Support for Your Purchase
- The tuner app "KORG cortosia" version 1.6.0 is now available.
- iOS 10 latest compatibility status for KORG apps
- cortosia version 1.5.1 is now available.
- KORG cortosia tuning app is now available with support for euphonium. 50% discount on the regular price for two weeks only.
- KORG cortosia tuning app is now available with support for Trombone. 50% discount on the regular price starts from February 5 for one week.
- cortosia version 1.3 is now available.
- iOS 9 latest compatibility status for KORG apps
- iOS 9 support for KORG apps
- New KORG cortosia tuning app is now available with support for Saxophone!
50% discount on the regular price starts from June 25 for one month!
- The new KORG M1 for iPad is now available! Special sale on KORG Apps!
- New KORG cortosia tuning app is now available with support for both Violin and Cello! 50% discount on the normal price starts from April 10 for one week!
- KORG announces new products at Winter NAMM 2015!
cortosia v1.6.0 now supports the Game Center (as of 2017.01.26)
cortosia v1.5.0 now supports an additional instrument - euphonium in addition to flute, clarinet, trumpet, violin, cello, saxophones, and trombone (as of 2016.04.23)
cortosia v1.4.0 now supports an additional instrument - trombone in addition to flute, clarinet, trumpet, violin, cello, and saxophones (as of 2016.02.05)
Now v1.3 available. This update contains improvements and bug fixes. (as of 2015.11.09)
cortosia v1.2 now supports four additional instruments - soprano, alto, tenor and baritone saxophones in addition to flute, clarinet, trumpet, violin and cello (as of 2015.06.25)
Support for both violin and cello in addition to flute, clarinet, and trumpet (as of 2015.04.10)
Learn “good sound” and enjoy “good performance”! KORG cortosia, the tuner app that makes it enjoyable to practice the basics
- Analyzes five elements of “good sound” and rates them in real time
- Automatically records “good sound” so you can check your daily improvement in technique
- Lets you compete against the world in “good sound” and vie for ranking
- Supports flute, clarinet, trumpet, violin, cello, saxophones, trombone and euphonium
Analyze five elements of “good sound” and rate them in real time
Just what is “good sound”? Beautiful sound, pleasant sound, sound that resonates in the listener's heart. Perceptions of “good sound” differ between people, but could there be some commonalities? Through cooperative research with Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona, Spain, under the direction of Professor Xavier Serra, KORG has arrived at a technology “Artistry” (*1) for evaluating “good sound” based on five elements.
1: Pitch Stability
2: Dynamic Stability
3: Timbre Stability
4: Timbre Richness
5: Attack Clarity
Simultaneously with the tuner display, a radar chart shows the results of analyzing these five elements in real time, and scores them on a scale of 100 points. While tuning, you can see at a glance what aspects of your tone are lacking. You can also listen to a model tone and hear how it differs from your own sound. This is highly recommended for beginners who have just started a musical instrument, as well as for intermediate players who want to advance to the next level.
*1: Automatic Rating Technology for musical InSTRument plaYers (ARTISTRY)
Automatically record “good sound,” and check your daily advances in technique
Data is automatically recorded and kept when tuning and scoring. You can audition the accumulated recording data or recall a radar chart for it, and you can also check the number of hours you practiced and your best score for each day. By looking at your past results, you can see how you are progressing. In addition, you can post your score to a social networking service such as Facebook or Twitter, allowing you to record or upload your daily progress (or backsliding) as if you were writing a diary. Whether you use this to compete with your friends, it's a great way to improve your skill while enjoyably sharing information.
Compete with the world for “good sound”
Your ranking is compiled by averaging your highest score for each note, and displayed. You'll be able to see your current position among performers around the world who use cortosia.
Supports flute, clarinet, trumpet, violin, cello, saxophones, trombone, and euphonium
In addition to supports five instruments: flute, clarinet, trumpet, violin, cello, and saxophones , trombone, version 1.5 supports euphonium .
A full range of basic functionality including tuner, metronome, and level meter
In addition to a chromatic tuner that benefits from KORG's forty years of know-how in tuner development, there's a metronome that supports tap tempo, and even a level meter, making cortosia a great partner for performance or practice.
Besides normal sales through the Apple store, cortosia is also sold via the VPP (Volume Purchase Program) store. VPP is only for educational customers where purchases of 20 or more units as a single order can receive a 50% discount*.
VPP is Apple Corporation's official educational support program, and provides easy entry and management to volume sales required by education groups and combines great value with excellent security functions. Please consider VPP to acquire cortosia for any relevant educational and recreational activities for your school.
* During the appropriate sales period, you can purchase cortosia at a 50% discount from the sale price.