POLYPHONIC ANALOGUE SYNTHESIZER
- Two new sound libraries now available for monologue and minilogue
- Update - minilogue System Updater v1.23 and Librarian v1.0.1 are now available!
- KORG minilogue wins a Red Dot Award: Product Design
- Announcing the minilogue Sound Packs vol.2
- Updates – the latest operating system software are now available - Pa4X, Pa4X ORIENTAL, KingKORG, minilogue, KAOSS PAD KP3+, KAOSSILATOR PRO+, nanoKEY Studio and nanoKONTROL Studio
- Michele Luppi
Since its birth, KORG has strived to create unique and unconventional products, full of originality and different from anything else out there. This particular mentality translates as well to our product designs.
The minilogue is a polyphonic analog synthesizer whose circuit design can be traced back to the monotron, passing through the revival of the MS-20 and ARP ODDYSEY, and finally being redesigned from scratch.
We made numerous sketches to help us bring the “new vintage” concept to life. The final idea was to re-think the idea of what the concept of “analog” is, for a new and fresh appearance. Considering that materials such as wood and metal were important for an “analog-like” character, we paid attention to the actual materials used for the instrument, and so decided to use real wood for the concept to be true to its roots.
The minilogue is not only an instrument for keyboardists. Its controllers are arranged in a logical way that's easy to understand, it has an addictively enjoyable oscilloscope that displays the waveform, and features various functions including a step sequencer. We hope that it will become a familiar instrument to as many people as possible, and will enable them to experience the enjoyment of analog synthesizers.