The Korg PX5D Multi-Effects Processor
The Pandora series for the mobile age! Back in the 1990s, the first Korg Pandora placed its indelible stamp on the pocket multi-effects processor category. Today, Pandora is still king of the category. Today's highly-evolved Korg PX5D is your personal rehearsal hall, an all-hours amp shop, your own audio recording suite as well as your digital doorway to the modern studio. And best of all, the battery-powered PX5D still fits in your pocket, so your great sound is always with you!
Despite its compact size, the Pandora PX5D is laid out with game-controller efficiency - so you can spend more time playing and less time wishing you were already playing! Modern and up to date, the PX5D serves double duty as a stereo USB audio interface, allowing you convenient access to audio recording software on your computer.
- Powered by Korg's acclaimed "REMS" modeling technology
(Resonant structure and Electronic circuit Modeling System)
- 180 distinct and adjustable effects including amp models, cabinet simulations, popular pedal and studio FX
- Use up to seven effects at once - all in a single program: Dynamics/Amp/ Cabinet/ Modulation/Delay/Reverb/ Noise Reduction
- 200 programs provided - 100 preset and 100 user-programmable
- 128 realistic, high-quality PCM Rhythm & Bass Patterns; 774 variations, including Major and Minor voicing
- 20 Chains, each holding 16 Patterns (Patterns can repeat)
- Editing Software included - for editing Programs or creating Pattern Chains
- Bass & Drum sounds can be played via MIDI (USB)
- AUX IN jack for playing along with external CD or MP3 audio sources
- Transpose the key of any external audio signal
- Bass Cancel removes the bass from any external audio signal
- Phrase Trainer records up to an 80 second loop from an external CD, MP3 or other external audio source, perfect for practicing and learning a riff
- Auto Chromatic Tuner with Mute function for silent tuning
- Semi-transparent LCD with backlighting switch for easy viewing
- Multi-controller interface for quick and intuitive editing
- Clean, uncluttered panel retains simple Gain, Bass, Treble and Volume knobs
- Adapter cable for connecting two (optional) footswitches is included.
- USB Mode transforms the Korg PX5D into a stereo USB Audio interface for connecting to any DAW recording software
- Place Pandora inline between your guitar and amp, or connect to your amp's effect loop
- Record directly from the PX5D stereo output
- Runs on either batteries or an optional AC adaptor
High-quality "REMS" Based EFFECTS KORG's "REMS" Modeling Technology has been widely acclaimed for its natural, authentic sound quality. A total of 180 effect types are available in the Pandora PX5, divided into seven categories that match the seven effect modules that are simultaneously available.
This section includes everything from simple compression to advanced algorithms that can emulate a humbucking sound from a single coil pickup (or vice-versa); transform an electric guitar into an acoustic timbre, add a fretless character to any bass sound; plus a series of wahs and auto-wahs.
- AMP Modeling
In addition to some of the most popular and widely recorded amps, the PX5D multi-effects processor includes a number of rare and boutique amplifier models - everything from the ubiquitous VOX AC30 to a US Hi-Gain (think snakeskin) amp. A total of 15 guitar amps and 11 bass amps are all delivered with spot-on accuracy. Bass synth and Guitar Synth models are also featured in the PX5D.
- Cabinet Simulations
Matching the right amp to the right cabinet is a necessity for capturing a classic tone. But go ahead and mix and match to build your own custom "virtual" rig. From a single 8" tweed to a 4 x 15" mammoth, the PX5d has it all.
- Modulation Effects
You name it, Pandora has it - phasers, flangers, choruses, filter sweeps, U-Vibes, tremolos, intelligent pitch shifting, rotary speaker, auto-panning. Best of all, each effect can be tweaked to your own personal preference.
- Delay Settings
Five Delay effects - each with five variations relating to feedback amount - are available in this Pandora PX5D multi-effects processor. Delay time is conveniently set using the Tap key on the front panel and a versatile Reverse Delay is onboard.
Eleven Reverb algorithms place the final ambience and sheen on your sound.
- Noise Reduction
Keep your sound clean - and silent in between songs.
100 Presets, 100 user programs
Seventy Guitar Presets and Thirty Bass Presets are ready and waiting to get you started with your new Korg PX5D. For those who like to make their sound their own, 100 User Program location are available for storing your custom settings. Using the Software Editor Librarian provides faster, graphic editing and allows you to build up libraries of custom patches. A simple USB cable provides the connection to your computer.
Clean panel design for intuitive control
With almost gamer styling, the PX5D is an easy-to-operate multi-effects processor. A four-way cursor to the left and a recessed dial to the right combine for easy navigation of the backlit LCD screen. For the amplifier traditionalist, dedicated thumb wheels across the top offer real-time control of Gain, Bass, Treble and Volume. Four Program Memory buttons keep your favorite programs close at hand! An adapter cable is included, allowing two optional footswitches to be connected to the PX5D for hands -free operation.
Drummer and bassist included
128 accurate and professional Rhythm & Bass groove patterns are built in to your Korg PX5D - including simple "click-track" style metronome beats. The Rhythm patterns have three variations, so you can find the one you like. Use the Tap key to set the tempo to anything from 40 to 240 Beats per Minute (BPM). Both Major and Minor bass lines are included with each groove, and you can set the Bass Key to any note. Up to sixteen patterns can be strung together into one of twenty chains - an excellent feature for writing a new tune, practicing a part or crafting that killer solo - in context!
The world outside
Connect an MP3 player, CD, USB or other external audio source to the AUX IN jack and you can play along. Wrong key? Use the Key Transpose function to change the pitch of the song into any musical key. For the bassist, the PX5D multi-effects processor also contains a Bass Cancelling function that removes the bass sound from an external audio source so that you can play and hear your bass along with the song.
Repeat as necessary
Phrase Training is a fun feature for learning difficult material or for working on solos. You can record up to 80 seconds of audio from any external source and play it back repeatedly (looped) at a slower speed - without changing the pitch. This is a great way to learn complex or rapid passages by ear, since you will be able to hear the phrase slowly. You can also record yourself chording along with the built-in rhythm and bass accompaniment, and then practice your soloing skills.
Digital USB doorway
In its off hours, the Pandora PX5D moonlights as USB audio interface for all your computer needs, offering two-channel audio communication to and from your Mac or PC.
View our entire line of Korg guitar effects