Refreshed and reborn with massive SD card data storage (up to 32GB SDHC), up-to-date patterns, the ELECTRIBE•SXSD remains an indispensible instrument for dance and electronic music, and for creative artists around the world. The acclaimed ease-of-use, advanced features, and epoch-making sonic power of the ELECTRIBE•SX are all as strong as ever. With the addition of SD card storage and new patterns to keep up with the ceaseless evolution of dance and electronic music, the ELECTRIBE•SXSD has reached a new level as "must-have" gear.
Indispensible dance and electronic music gear, now reborn
- The acclaimed ease-of-use, advanced features, and epoch-making sonic power of the ELECTRIBE•SX are all as strong as ever. With the addition of SD card storage and new patterns to keep up with the ceaseless evolution of dance and electronic music, the ELECTRIBE•SXSD has reached a new level as "must-have" gear.
- Up-to-the minute patterns created by some of today's dance and electronic music masters give a fresh twist to the ELECTRIBE•SXSD.
- Multiple sample parts to accommodate different sample usages: one-shot, keyboard (to play samples chromatically), stretch (to dynamically stretch samples to tempo) and slice (to chop samples by threshold).
- Twin vacuum tube VALVE FORCE circuitry delivers analog warmth or menacing bite.
- Three stereo effects can be chained together for radical sound warping.
- Crisp filters and speedy-smooth timbral modulation.
- Built-in step sequencer for intuitive song production.
- Motion Sequence function captures and replays sound-tweaking knob movements.
- Powerful arpeggiator uses our ribbon controller and slider for generating inspired phrases.
- Auto BPM Detection sets the tempo based on any external audio source using the audio in jacks.
The ELECTRIBE•SX has been reborn! Retaining the inimitable, intuitive style that made the ELECTRIBES stand tall against other dance and electronic music gear, it now supports SD card data storage and features programs for today's music scene – patterns available for immediate use!
Flexible, convenient SD card data storage
An SD card slot is now provided, so the pattern and song data you create on the ELECTRIBE•SXSD can be quickly saved to an SD card. Now you can easily manage your data on the ELECTRIBE•SXSD itself, without the need for an external computer! SDHC cards of up to 32GB are supported, so you can stockpile plenty of sounds. Data compatibility with earlier models is maintained, so data you created on the original ELECTRIBE•SX can be played back unaltered on the new version.
New up-to-date patterns created by today's hot talent
New preset data has been carefully selected from the latest sounds and patterns produced by ELECTRIBE loving creative artists from around the world. Ninja Tune/Big Dada artists Emika and the Anti-pop Consortium are contributors, as well as U.K. MySpace artist Shrikednb (Tom Thorpe); plus YouTube stars Denkitribe, mryat and Scribej. Simply listening to these new patterns will nourish your need to create cutting-edge music.
The ELECTRIBE•SXSD represents a new generation of Electribes – powerful dance music products that cover everything from laying down stunning tracks to creating exhilarating live performances. Both come housed in a sleek, rugged metal chassis. The backlit LCD provides a wealth of information during programming or performance.
The intuitive ELECTRIBE step-time/realtime interface has been enhanced with Korg's Ribbon and Slider control. Effects, Motion Sequencing, and Pattern length have all been expanded. Our exclusive filter lets you chose Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass or Band Pass Plus. Filter Demos
Here’s a few audio examples to show what sweeping each filter type can do (drum loop courtesy of Skippy's Big Bad Beats):
HH LPF.mp3 (mp3, 283KB): The traditional Low Pass Filter, which removes high frequencies as it is closed.
HH HPF (mp3, 337KB): A High Pass Filter, which removes lower frequencies as it is swept.
HH BPF (mp3, 516KB): A Band Pass Filter, which only passes frequencies close to (or to each side of) the center frequency it is set to.
HH BPF+ (mp3, 514KB): A variation of the Band Pass Filter which also has a parallel dry path mixed into the signal. This is good for accentuating certain frequencies on top of the original signal.
LPFR and BPM Mod (mp3, 750KB): Now we add some BPM-synced filter modulation to the Low Pass Filter, driven by a random LFO shape.
HPF Env BPM Mod (mp3, 353KB): A BPM-modulated High Pass Filter with a repeating envelope shape.
Up to 256 patterns can be created and stored to the internal memory. You can combine patterns, add mute data and knob movements to create up to 64 songs. To get you started, a wide assortment of 192 patterns covering house, hip-hop, R&B, electronica, drum'n'bass, techno, trance and more come preloaded. Using the last step function, you can easily adjust to any odd meter. Favorite patterns can be assigned to Pattern Sets for instant access. Data can be quickly saved and loaded via SmartMedia.
Audio inputs allow you to process external signals through the on-board filter and effects, and an extra pair of assignable outputs has been added as well. The front panel knobs and switches control all the most important sound parameters, allowing you to modify the sound in realtime as you perform, and giving you a hands-on feel like that of an analog synthesizer.